Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Shout Out to Crocs


So....it's 1:30 a.m. here and I can't think of anything else to blog about (well, I can, but I'm not up for a deeply intellectual and thought-provoking discussion-starter so late (or early-depending on how you look at it) ) so I have chosen to quickly give props to the amazing folks (in Taiwan? China?) who have invented CROCS. And even if it was Americans who invented them, much thanks to the Taiwanese or Chinese who assembled them - I'll have to go check my label to be sure.
So, anyway....I finally got around to buying a pair of these oh-so-hip shoes/clogs/sandals whatever the heck they are - although I DID buy them about 6 months AFTER they became hip, so I guess I'm actually just a loser.

Regardless, why had no one told me of these before? They're SO comfy, completely waterproof (as in, water doesn't hurt them, but it will get your foot wet via those little holes all over the top) and did I say they're SO comfortable?? I guess nurses wear them (or medical personel who are on their feet all day) and they say they are comfy to wear even after say...12 hours of administering IV's and running around for Code Blue/Red/Whatevers. And I'm sure that bodily fluids just wipe right off - although nurses probably wear the kind without holes. Or at least I hope so.
Anyway, I may look like a duck (Thanks a lot Casey-way to burst my bubble) but I love these shoes.

Get some...you'll love 'em too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...just checked online. Crocs are made in the USA AND imported. So....mucho gracias to all the world for manufacturing these wonderfully comfy -albeit duck-like-shoes.

Anonymous said...

so come on, did you get the real crocs or the payless knock off for 1/2 the price? what color did you get?

Anonymous said...

iF YOU WANTED TO BE FASHIONABLY HIP YOU SHOULD HAVE CONSULTED YOUR OLDEST NIECE.......SHE HAS 3 PAIRS OF THEM ORANGE,HOT PINK AND BLUE.SHE SAYS THEY ARE COMFORTABLE, i MYSELF HAVE NOT TRIED THEM...GO FIGURE WITH ME BEING THE NURSE. i NEVER DID BUY SHOES FOR COMFORT MOSTLY FOR FASHION.

Anonymous said...

I have the payless kind and although they are an OK shoe to wear - especially outside - After I tried on the "real thing" - there is no comparison! You could not wear the payless kind (mine are Target) all day - you would have to have the real ones. My question: Why didn't you get the flip flop kind?

Mom

Anonymous said...

No I did not get the knock-offs, I got the real ones. I've never tried the cheap ones, but the real ones are da bomb.
Why didn't I get the sandals? I dunno? I have about 28 pairs of sandals, but I don't have any duck-like shoes. :)

Anonymous said...

oh, and mine are blue. Just like the ones in the first picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo, did you get that gallbladder out yet? Right after I had mine out I ran to the scale to see how much weight I had lost. ;)