Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mooo


I'm not a huge comparison-price shopper. I figure my brain is too full of other things to remember how much cheerios cost at Publix, and whether or not cheese is on sale at The Pig.
If we need fruit, I buy fruit at the store. If we need salad dressing, i buy it. I don't pay much attention to the 20 or 30 cent difference in prices from store to store.

That said....I can't help but notice the drastic price of MILK around here lately.


Could anybody out there tell me why milk is so freaking expensive in southwest Georgia right now??

Yesterday I paid $4.55 for ONE Gallon.

What the heck???


How much is milk where you are??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corn, to feed the cows, cost more now because of an increased demand resulting from the new ethanol fuel (made from corn) boom.

It's true....I'm not making this up.

Anonymous said...

It's always one or the other, huh?

I don't know about GA, but they say here in AL, the price of beef is going to drop b/c with the severe drought and farmers having to truck in hay from other states to feed the cows, many of them are opting to slaughter the cows instead. Wah-lah, beef goes down. No pun intended.

We buy organic milk and I haven't seen it go up that drastically--but I don't always pay that much attention. We have half a cow in our freezer, so we don't benefit from the sudden plethura of beef. Bummer.

Anonymous said...

we are around $3.50 gallon

Anonymous said...

we're at 4.00 a gallon and it's insane. I do actually cry over spilled milk.

Amy, where'd you get that 1/2 a beef? I have a big ol' chest freezer full of vintage clothes since I don't seem to have enough food to fill it up :)