Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Perfect Love

I've been thinking a lot lately about L*O*V*E. And not just your hearts and candy Valentine's Day kind of love....true love. Hard love. Everyday love. For my husband, for my kids, for myself, for people I know, for people I can't stand. Sometimes it's hard. Sometimes I fail miserably. Sometimes I do it...but with expectations, or conditions or underlying motives. Love. Seems so simple, so easy, so everyday... "I fell in love" "Oh, I love that guy!" "I love that movie" " I love Mexican food!" "I love my ipod!"



With Tyler, I am often humbled by his unadulterated, pure love. My friend Lisa commented once that when Tyler looks at me that you can tell that he loves me so much as his eyes affix to my face and almost always gives me a smile. Quite simply, he adores me. Needs me. Loves me unconditionally. And that's a nice feeling.

It's interesting how kids will love you unconditionally for a few short years. It's beautiful. And scary. Think of all the kids in the world being hurt by the people who are supposed to care for them the most, but they love them back anyway. What a gift...the love of a child. Makes me feel so unworthy. I wish I could love others the same way.




Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, or conceited, or rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post!

Anonymous said...

Great pics, the two of you are beautiful. Nice post.

Anonymous said...

I have a thought............but it might be too long....see ya fri or let me know if I should pontificate?

Anonymous said...

Save the pontification please Plato.... Don't ruin a perfectly pleasant post.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Plato? You'd better watch it...

Anonymous said...

Awwww.
Now THERE'S some perfect love.

LOL :)

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures! He looks alot like you! I can't believe how big he is getting.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the pictures. They are breath taking!

*sigh* How cute