Thursday, April 17, 2008

More Show & Tell & some Surveys

Let's see....a few more things to show you:


Check out this Zodiac Body Art by this artist named Rudi Everts (warning: nudity).
Cool, huh? I particularly like the Sagittarius and the Cancer.








Have you heard all the hype about BPA plastic bottles??
Normally, I'm not one to freak out about various studies that lead to cancer, or cause Alzheimer's, or man-boobs, blah-blee-blah-blee-blee, but this whole thing about dangerous plastics has me a little concerned. The plastics in and of themselves aren't bad, but when they're heated or begin to break down over time (plates in the microwave, bottles in the dishwasher, binkies, etc) the Polycarbonate in the plastic leeches into the food or drink and has been shown to cause major health problems - like breast caner, early puberty, and other sucky stuff from high estrogen levels from the Polycarbonate.
It has me grabbing the glass plates to warm up food for the kids and now that payday has arrived, I think I'll be buying some stainless steel water bottles and sippy cups to go in lunches.

What do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, let me say that I love the polls you have on your posts recently. For some odd reason I like voting on random stuff.

Second off, I did some research about the plastic bottle stuff a while back, and I definitely think that its something to be concerned about. But since Zachariah didn't use bottles that much I didn't worry about it. But now he is using sippy cups and didn't even think about those!(duh!) I thought I was out of the woods.

I am going to have to look into that... again

Anonymous said...

I've always thought there was something bad with plastic. I was always worried about infertility, autism, hormonal imbalances, etc. Bottles do not go in the microwave people! I sold all my Dr. Brown's bottles on ebay and the next baby will have glass bottles. I threw out our water bottles (from Wal-Mart) b/c they are the wrong plastic number. I'm looking for some aluminum water bottles. If you find something, let me know!

Anonymous said...

The paintings are alright...but the canvases....I LOVE!!!!

Sorry, all I'm really good at is off color middle school humor. :)

Anonymous said...

Melissa - Check out SIGG water bottles. They're swiss and pretty affordable. YOu can find them on ebay and stuff too.

Clint - *rolling my eyes*

A.L - you can do a search online for BPA-free sippy cups and find some stuff....

Anonymous said...

I like the Aquarius one...
Cancer freaks me out!!! I don'ts likes the crabs...if you know what I mean! ;)

Anonymous said...

Like Gemini, Leo's cool and Sagitarius is awesome.

Libra is beautiful, especially b/c the "scales" are balanced. I hear that perfectly symmetrical "scales" are hard to come by. :0)

I like nude art; it makes us look at the human body as I think God intended--works of art, not sexual playgrounds; however, I'm not big on some erotic nudes though they can be definitely interesting.

We had a PG-13 display at the HSV Museum of Art the first time the girls and I went. Carol was with us and of course she had no problem with it being an Art teacher. I took the girls through it after explaining to see it as Art, not male genitalia. They did fine. The Art was awesome--blown, colored glass.

Just one thought--I'd have a hard time with someone painting me...I think it would tickle. How could you sit still? I bet there is lots of giggling going on during the sessions. Especially the girl that had her whole neck painted while she was upside down.